OiO.lk Community platform!

Oio.lk is an excellent forum for developers, providing a wide range of resources, discussions, and support for those in the developer community. Join oio.lk today to connect with like-minded professionals, share insights, and stay updated on the latest trends and technologies in the development field.
  You need to log in or register to access the solved answers to this problem.
  • You have reached the maximum number of guest views allowed
  • Please register below to remove this limitation

**General Question Before CSS, JS** What are some lesser-known but powerful HTML attributes for enhancing web functionality?

• Thread starter Thread starter 2077Bunker_Programmer
  • Start date Start date

2077Bunker_Programmer

What Do I Want

Introduction​

Hello Everyone, I started learning programming in the last two weaks, and choosed the front end road, as it was better for me than other fields, escpecially to my life style and responsbilities So when going throught front end for the first time, you will face in the beginning HTML as your first language. I start studying it, and finished all main points, nearly ending the basics, from"

• main tags such as
    • headings
    • p
    • spans
    • divs
    • semantic HTML elements
    • media related tags such as { image, video, audio } still have some such as: { embed }
    • a
    • lists and tables
    • br and hr

• forms, such as:
    • input
    • textarea
    • button
    • select

I also learned some basic attributes, most of them are the main known universal attributes such as:

• id
  • class
  • title
  • style, for css snippets
  • dir
  • src
  • href
  • placeholder
  • alt

The problem is:​

what i understand is: most webpages consist of those elements (tags) with some little more of them, but the list above take most of the heavy work attributes on the otherhand (as i understand) can do too much work in the page without any usage of javascipt, which provides easy programming in the page but when looking through the web, all i found were just the "global attributes" that each one should know to write a normal html document but i didn't find any website or youtube videos that try to teach new attributes that are more advanced than normal (ignoring divs, ids, and classes which will be used more for css, js)

My Question​

• My Point and My Question Already is: What Are a Good List of Well Used Attributes Between the Community That Are Not Basic Attributes, but gives a usable information about the object, such as boolean values or attributes that define a range to the element ?!

Small reminder:​

it is my first question here and i have just read help me page, so if i made mistakes, please try to correct me.

What Have I Tried:​

• I looked through too many websites, searched though youtube about
    • attributes
    • advanced attributes in html but all i found is just the same things, videos or articles talking about basic attributes for the main html tags
  • I looked through w3 documentations, well it gave me things, but it has too many many many tags and attributes, and that made my head hurt me, there are a lot, which ones
  • I searched through GitHub, found some people who wrote HTML Notes and cheat sheets, but not much also not much. most of the talking on youtube and github is about CSS also most of the attributes that i found people talking about are related to CSS and i read it is better to keep it for CSS {width, height, border, align (i think), hidden ( or disbale)}

I also found attributes that are related to js in form of: events attributes, but not too much attribute so should i leave it and go to css, or search more

Another searching session before publishing this question​

I found a method in js keys but it gives me all the attributes related to a certain tag type, I am looking for well used once
<p>What Do I Want</p>
<h1>Introduction</h1>
<p>Hello Everyone,
I started learning programming in the last two weaks, and choosed the front end road, as it was better for me than other fields, escpecially to my life style and responsbilities
So when going throught front end for the first time, you will face in the beginning HTML as your first language.
I start studying it, and finished all main points, nearly ending the basics, from"</p>
<ul>
<li><p>main tags such as</p>
<ul>
<li>headings</li>
<li>p</li>
<li>spans</li>
<li>divs</li>
<li>semantic HTML elements</li>
<li>media related tags such as { image, video, audio } still have some such as: { embed }</li>
<li>a</li>
<li>lists and tables</li>
<li>br and hr</li>
</ul>
</li>
<li><p>forms, such as:</p>
<ul>
<li>input</li>
<li>textarea</li>
<li>button</li>
<li>select</li>
</ul>
</li>
</ul>
<p>I also learned some basic attributes, most of them are the main known universal attributes such as:</p>
<ul>
<li>id</li>
<li>class</li>
<li>title</li>
<li>style, for css snippets</li>
<li>dir</li>
<li>src</li>
<li>href</li>
<li>placeholder</li>
<li>alt</li>
</ul>
<hr />
<h1>The problem is:</h1>
<p>what i understand is:
most webpages consist of those elements (tags) with some little more of them, but the list above take most of the heavy work
attributes on the otherhand (as i understand) can do too much work in the page without any usage of javascipt, which provides easy programming in the page
but when looking through the web, all i found were just the "global attributes" that each one should know to write a normal html document
but i didn't find any website or youtube videos that try to teach new attributes that are more advanced than normal (ignoring divs, ids, and classes which will be used more for css, js)</p>
<hr />
<h1>My Question</h1>
<ul>
<li>My Point and My Question Already is: What Are a Good List of Well Used Attributes Between the Community That Are Not Basic Attributes, but gives a usable information about the object, such as boolean values or attributes that define a range to the element ?!</li>
</ul>
<hr />
<h3>Small reminder:</h3>
<p>it is my first question here and i have just read help me page, so if i made mistakes, please try to correct me.</p>
<h1>What Have I Tried:</h1>
<ul>
<li>I looked through too many websites, searched though youtube about
<ul>
<li>attributes</li>
<li>advanced attributes in html
but all i found is just the same things, videos or articles talking about basic attributes for the main html tags</li>
</ul>
</li>
<li>I looked through w3 documentations, well it gave me things, but it has too many many many tags and attributes, and that made my head hurt me, there are a lot, which ones</li>
<li>I searched through GitHub, found some people who wrote HTML Notes and cheat sheets, but not much also not much.
most of the talking on youtube and github is about CSS
also most of the attributes that i found people talking about are related to CSS and i read it is better to keep it for CSS {width, height, border, align (i think), hidden ( or disbale)}</li>
</ul>
<p>I also found attributes that are related to js in form of: events attributes, but not too much attribute
so should i leave it and go to css, or search more</p>
<h1>Another searching session before publishing this question</h1>
<p>I found a method in js <code>keys</code> but it gives me all the attributes related to a certain tag type, I am looking for well used once</p>
Continue reading...

Latest posts