OiO.lk Community platform!

Oio.lk is an excellent forum for developers, providing a wide range of resources, discussions, and support for those in the developer community. Join oio.lk today to connect with like-minded professionals, share insights, and stay updated on the latest trends and technologies in the development field.
  You need to log in or register to access the solved answers to this problem.
  • You have reached the maximum number of guest views allowed
  • Please register below to remove this limitation

GCP Cloud Function worker timeout

• Thread starter Thread starter Jeffrey Van Laethem
  • Start date Start date
J

Jeffrey Van Laethem

I have a Google Cloud Function, 1st gen, for which I've set the Timeout value to 540 seconds (9 minutes), the maximum allowed for a 1st gen function. This is a python function that executes a Dataform workflow, then polls the execution every 5 seconds for the execution's status.

Starting two days ago, the function has been crashing at 300000ms (5 minutes) with the following exception:

Code:
File "/layers/google.python.pip/pip/lib/python3.11/site- 
packages/gunicorn/workers/sync.py", line 135, in handle
self.handle_request(listener, req, client, addr)
packages/gunicorn/workers/sync.py", line 178, in handle_request
respiter = self.wsgi(environ, resp.start_response)

and

Code:
[1] [CRITICAL] WORKER TIMEOUT (pid:13)

I'm not sure where to begin figuring out the issue, and I've been searching Google and here for "GCP Cloud Function gunicorn worker timeout", but that's only returning results for processes that explicitly use gunicorn. Again, the timeout value for this function is well above the time that this error is occurring.
<p>I have a Google Cloud Function, 1st gen, for which I've set the Timeout value to 540 seconds (9 minutes), the maximum allowed for a 1st gen function. This is a python function that executes a Dataform workflow, then polls the execution every 5 seconds for the execution's status.</p>
<p>Starting two days ago, the function has been crashing at 300000ms (5 minutes) with the following exception:</p>
<pre><code>File "/layers/google.python.pip/pip/lib/python3.11/site-
packages/gunicorn/workers/sync.py", line 135, in handle
self.handle_request(listener, req, client, addr)
packages/gunicorn/workers/sync.py", line 178, in handle_request
respiter = self.wsgi(environ, resp.start_response)
</code></pre>
<p>and</p>
<pre><code>[1] [CRITICAL] WORKER TIMEOUT (pid:13)
</code></pre>
<p>I'm not sure where to begin figuring out the issue, and I've been searching Google and here for "GCP Cloud Function gunicorn worker timeout", but that's only returning results for processes that explicitly use gunicorn. Again, the timeout value for this function is well above the time that this error is occurring.</p>

Latest posts