OiO.lk Community platform!

Oio.lk is an excellent forum for developers, providing a wide range of resources, discussions, and support for those in the developer community. Join oio.lk today to connect with like-minded professionals, share insights, and stay updated on the latest trends and technologies in the development field.
  You need to log in or register to access the solved answers to this problem.
  • You have reached the maximum number of guest views allowed
  • Please register below to remove this limitation

Force download mp3 for mobile site on iPhone

• Thread starter Thread starter Andrew Fiorillo
  • Start date Start date
A

Andrew Fiorillo

I'm working on a little mobile site for a musician and they want to be able to let users download a song for free on their mobile device. The problem I'm running into is that in Safari for iPhone the song plays in the browser no matter what and does not get added to the music library.

On Android I've been able to force a download which the user can then add to their music application of choice. I was hoping there was some way to get the song into the iPhone music library with out requiring some additional application or going through iTunes.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
<p>I'm working on a little mobile site for a musician and they want to be able to let users download a song for free on their mobile device. The problem I'm running into is that in Safari for iPhone the song plays in the browser no matter what and does not get added to the music library.</p>

<p>On Android I've been able to force a download which the user can then add to their music application of choice. I was hoping there was some way to get the song into the iPhone music library with out requiring some additional application or going through iTunes.</p>

<p>Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!</p>
Continue reading...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors