OiO.lk Community platform!

Oio.lk is an excellent forum for developers, providing a wide range of resources, discussions, and support for those in the developer community. Join oio.lk today to connect with like-minded professionals, share insights, and stay updated on the latest trends and technologies in the development field.
  You need to log in or register to access the solved answers to this problem.
  • You have reached the maximum number of guest views allowed
  • Please register below to remove this limitation

ESLint not working in VS Code?

• Thread starter Thread starter John Landon
  • Start date Start date
J

John Landon

ESLint is not working for me in VS Code. I have the plugin installed in VS Code, and ESLint itself as a developer dependency in my package.json, which I have installed as well.

I modified the following option in the VS Code User Settings:

Code:
{
  "eslint.options": { "configFile": "C:/mypath" }
}

I have use the command eslint --init to add the basic .eslintrc.json to the main directory of my package.

Other people were able to get ESLint feedback from VS Code using the exact same package with the exact same ESLint config file.

I have received no feedback of any kind when directly breaking multiple rules that were all included in the recommended rule set that is by default inside of the .eslintrc.json file.

What am I missing?

Edit: I have tested using ESLint via command line, and everything worked as expected, with the errors found where they should have, however, these same errors never showed up in VS Code. The issue seems to be on VS Code's side and not ESLint.

<p>ESLint is not working for me in VS Code. I have the plugin installed in VS Code, and ESLint itself as a developer dependency in my package.json, which I have installed as well.</p>

<p>I modified the following option in the VS Code User Settings:</p>

<pre><code>{
"eslint.options": { "configFile": "C:/mypath" }
}
</code></pre>

<p>I have use the command <code>eslint --init</code> to add the basic <code>.eslintrc.json</code> to the main directory of my package. </p>

<p>Other people were able to get ESLint feedback from VS Code using the exact same package with the exact same ESLint config file. </p>

<p>I have received no feedback of any kind when directly breaking multiple rules that were all included in the recommended rule set that is by default inside of the <code>.eslintrc.json</code> file.</p>

<p>What am I missing?</p>

<p>Edit: I have tested using ESLint via command line, and everything worked as expected, with the errors found where they should have, however, these same errors never showed up in VS Code. The issue seems to be on VS Code's side and not ESLint.</p>

Latest posts

B
Replies
Views
Blundering Ecologist
B