OiO.lk Community platform!

Oio.lk is an excellent forum for developers, providing a wide range of resources, discussions, and support for those in the developer community. Join oio.lk today to connect with like-minded professionals, share insights, and stay updated on the latest trends and technologies in the development field.
  You need to log in or register to access the solved answers to this problem.
  • You have reached the maximum number of guest views allowed
  • Please register below to remove this limitation

Error opening file in H5PY (File signature not found)

• Thread starter Thread starter Anisha Singh
  • Start date Start date
A

Anisha Singh

I've been using the following bit of code to open some HDF5 files, produced in MATLAB, in python using H5PY:

Code:
import h5py as h5
data='dataset.mat'
f=h5.File(data, 'r')

However I'm getting the following error:

Code:
OSError: Unable to open file (File signature not found)

I've checked that the files that I'm trying to open are version 7.3 MAT-files and are HDF5 format. In fact I've used H5PY to open the same files successfully before. I've confirmed that the files exist and are accessible so I'm not really sure where the error is coming from. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance : )
<p>I've been using the following bit of code to open some HDF5 files, produced in MATLAB, in python using H5PY:</p>

<pre><code>import h5py as h5
data='dataset.mat'
f=h5.File(data, 'r')
</code></pre>

<p>However I'm getting the following error:</p>

<pre><code>OSError: Unable to open file (File signature not found)
</code></pre>

<p>I've checked that the files that I'm trying to open are version 7.3 MAT-files and are HDF5 format. In fact I've used H5PY to open the same files successfully before. I've confirmed that the files exist and are accessible so I'm not really sure where the error is coming from. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance : )</p>

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors