OiO.lk Community platform!

Oio.lk is an excellent forum for developers, providing a wide range of resources, discussions, and support for those in the developer community. Join oio.lk today to connect with like-minded professionals, share insights, and stay updated on the latest trends and technologies in the development field.
  You need to log in or register to access the solved answers to this problem.
  • You have reached the maximum number of guest views allowed
  • Please register below to remove this limitation

Error in airflow installation. Failed at building wheel for google-re2 & greenlet (setup.py)

• Thread starter Thread starter FannieY
  • Start date Start date
F

FannieY

When I follow the official documentation from Apache Airflow to pip3 install Airflow using the constraints file: https://airflow.apache.org/docs/apache-airflow/stable/start.html

I got the error message. The main part of the error message is:

Code:
> Building wheels for collected packages: google-re2, pendulum, greenlet
> Building wheel for google-re2 (setup.py) ... error   error:
> subprocess-exited-with-error
>      × python setup.py bdist_wheel did not run successfully.   │ exit code: 1   ╰─> [15 lines of output]
>       running bdist_wheel
>       running build
>       running build_py
>       creating build
>       creating build/lib.macosx-10.9-x86_64-cpython-39
>       copying re2.py -> build/lib.macosx-10.9-x86_64-cpython-39
>       running build_ext
>       building '_re2' extension
>       creating build/temp.macosx-10.9-x86_64-cpython-39
>       clang -Wno-unused-result -Wsign-compare -Wunreachable-code -DNDEBUG -fwrapv -O2 -Wall -fPIC -O2 -isystem /Users/yuenfannie/opt/anaconda3/include -arch x86_64
> -I/Users/yuenfannie/opt/anaconda3/include -fPIC -O2 -isystem /Users/yuenfannie/opt/anaconda3/include -arch x86_64
> -I/Users/yuenfannie/opt/anaconda3/include/python3.9 -c _re2.cc -o build/temp.macosx-10.9-x86_64-cpython-39/_re2.o -fvisibility=hidden
>       clang: error: unable to read SDK settings for '/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX.sdk'
>       clang: error: unable to read SDK settings for '/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX.sdk'
>       sh: line 1:   848 Bus error: 10           /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/xcodebuild -sdk
> /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.14.sdk
> -find clang 2> /dev/null
>       clang: error: unable to find utility "clang", not a developer tool or in PATH
>       error: command '/usr/bin/clang' failed with exit code 72
>       [end of output]
>      note: This error originates from a subprocess, and is likely not a problem with pip.   ERROR: Failed building wheel for google-re2

Is there anything to be done with setup.py or bdist_wheel? What should be done in this case? Any comments are welcome.
<p>When I follow the official documentation from Apache Airflow to pip3 install Airflow using the constraints file:
<a href="https://airflow.apache.org/docs/apache-airflow/stable/start.html" rel="nofollow noreferrer">https://airflow.apache.org/docs/apache-airflow/stable/start.html</a></p>
<p>I got the error message. The main part of the error message is:</p>
<pre><code>> Building wheels for collected packages: google-re2, pendulum, greenlet
> Building wheel for google-re2 (setup.py) ... error error:
> subprocess-exited-with-error
> × python setup.py bdist_wheel did not run successfully. │ exit code: 1 ╰─> [15 lines of output]
> running bdist_wheel
> running build
> running build_py
> creating build
> creating build/lib.macosx-10.9-x86_64-cpython-39
> copying re2.py -> build/lib.macosx-10.9-x86_64-cpython-39
> running build_ext
> building '_re2' extension
> creating build/temp.macosx-10.9-x86_64-cpython-39
> clang -Wno-unused-result -Wsign-compare -Wunreachable-code -DNDEBUG -fwrapv -O2 -Wall -fPIC -O2 -isystem /Users/yuenfannie/opt/anaconda3/include -arch x86_64
> -I/Users/yuenfannie/opt/anaconda3/include -fPIC -O2 -isystem /Users/yuenfannie/opt/anaconda3/include -arch x86_64
> -I/Users/yuenfannie/opt/anaconda3/include/python3.9 -c _re2.cc -o build/temp.macosx-10.9-x86_64-cpython-39/_re2.o -fvisibility=hidden
> clang: error: unable to read SDK settings for '/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX.sdk'
> clang: error: unable to read SDK settings for '/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX.sdk'
> sh: line 1: 848 Bus error: 10 /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/xcodebuild -sdk
> /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.14.sdk
> -find clang 2> /dev/null
> clang: error: unable to find utility "clang", not a developer tool or in PATH
> error: command '/usr/bin/clang' failed with exit code 72
> [end of output]
> note: This error originates from a subprocess, and is likely not a problem with pip. ERROR: Failed building wheel for google-re2
</code></pre>
<p>Is there anything to be done with <strong>setup.py</strong> or <strong>bdist_wheel</strong>? What should be done in this case?
Any comments are welcome.</p>

Latest posts

I
Replies
Views
Ihsan Sadat
I