OiO.lk Community platform!

Oio.lk is an excellent forum for developers, providing a wide range of resources, discussions, and support for those in the developer community. Join oio.lk today to connect with like-minded professionals, share insights, and stay updated on the latest trends and technologies in the development field.
  You need to log in or register to access the solved answers to this problem.
  • You have reached the maximum number of guest views allowed
  • Please register below to remove this limitation

Docx to pdf using pandoc in python

• Thread starter Thread starter Kitchen
  • Start date Start date
K

Kitchen

So I a quite new to Python so it may be a silly question but i can't seem to find the solution anywhere.

I have a django site I am running it locally on my machine just for development. on the site I want to convert a docx file to pdf. I want to use pandoc to do this. I know there are other methods such as online apis or the python modules such as "docx2pdf". However i want to use pandoc for deployment reasons.

I have installed pandoc on my terminal using brew install pandoc. so it should b installed correctly.

In my django project i am doing:

Code:
import pypandoc
import docx

def making_a_doc_function(request):
    doc = docx.Document()
    doc.add_heading("MY DOCUMENT")
    doc.save('thisisdoc.docx')
    pypandoc.convert_file('thisisdoc.docx', 'docx', outputfile="thisisdoc.pdf")     
    pdf = open('thisisdoc.pdf', 'rb')
    response = FileResponse(pdf) 
return response

The docx file get created no problem but it not pdf has been created. I am getting an error that says:

Pandoc died with exitcode "4" during conversion: b'cannot produce pdf output from docx\n'

Does anyone have any ideas?
<p>So I a quite new to Python so it may be a silly question but i can't seem to find the solution anywhere.</p>
<p>I have a django site I am running it locally on my machine just for development.
on the site I want to convert a <code>docx</code> file to <code>pdf</code>. I want to use <code>pandoc</code> to do this. I know there are other methods such as online apis or the python modules such as "docx2pdf". However i want to use <code>pandoc</code> for deployment reasons.</p>
<p>I have installed <code>pandoc</code> on my terminal using <code>brew install pandoc</code>.
so it should b installed correctly.</p>
<p>In my django project i am doing:</p>
<pre><code>import pypandoc
import docx

def making_a_doc_function(request):
doc = docx.Document()
doc.add_heading("MY DOCUMENT")
doc.save('thisisdoc.docx')
pypandoc.convert_file('thisisdoc.docx', 'docx', outputfile="thisisdoc.pdf")
pdf = open('thisisdoc.pdf', 'rb')
response = FileResponse(pdf)
return response
</code></pre>
<p>The <code>docx</code> file get created no problem but it not <code>pdf</code> has been created. I am getting an error that says:</p>
<p><code>Pandoc died with exitcode "4" during conversion: b'cannot produce pdf output from docx\n'</code></p>
<p>Does anyone have any ideas?</p>

Latest posts

S
Replies
Views
Safwan Aipuram
S