OiO.lk Community platform!

Oio.lk is an excellent forum for developers, providing a wide range of resources, discussions, and support for those in the developer community. Join oio.lk today to connect with like-minded professionals, share insights, and stay updated on the latest trends and technologies in the development field.
  You need to log in or register to access the solved answers to this problem.
  • You have reached the maximum number of guest views allowed
  • Please register below to remove this limitation

Do "two digits are consecutive" make a PIN easier to guess?

• Thread starter Thread starter Jeremy Roussak
  • Start date Start date
J

Jeremy Roussak

My workplace recently started to insist that we install some MS software on our phones, seemingly to improve security (whether or not it does isn't relevant). One thing it insists on is that the PIN used to unlock the iPhone doesn't have any consecutive digits, giving as its reason that that would make the PIN "easy to guess". My PIN, which it disliked and insisted I change, was something like 757128 (not actually that, of course).

I changed it to 135791, and it was perfectly happy. That seems to me to be weird.

Am I missing something here?
<p>My workplace recently started to insist that we install some MS software on our phones, seemingly to improve security (whether or not it does isn't relevant). One thing it insists on is that the PIN used to unlock the iPhone doesn't have any consecutive digits, giving as its reason that that would make the PIN "easy to guess". My PIN, which it disliked and insisted I change, was something like 757128 (not actually that, of course).</p>
<p>I changed it to 135791, and it was perfectly happy. That seems to me to be weird.</p>
<p>Am I missing something here?</p>
Continue reading...