OiO.lk Community platform!

Oio.lk is an excellent forum for developers, providing a wide range of resources, discussions, and support for those in the developer community. Join oio.lk today to connect with like-minded professionals, share insights, and stay updated on the latest trends and technologies in the development field.
  You need to log in or register to access the solved answers to this problem.
  • You have reached the maximum number of guest views allowed
  • Please register below to remove this limitation

dlib wheel build fail

• Thread starter Thread starter trey warner
  • Start date Start date
T

trey warner

Installing build dependencies ... done Getting requirements to build wheel ... done Preparing metadata (pyproject.toml) ... done Using legacy 'setup.py install' for face-recognition-models, since package 'wheel' is not installed. Building wheels for collected packages: dlib Building wheel for dlib (pyproject.toml) ... error error: subprocess-exited-with-error

× Building wheel for dlib (pyproject.toml) did not run successfully. │ exit code: 1 ╰─> [6 lines of output] running bdist_wheel running build running build_ext

Code:
  ERROR: CMake must be installed to build dlib

[end of output]

note: This error originates from a subprocess, and is likely not a problem with pip. ERROR: Failed building wheel for dlib Failed to build dlib ERROR: Could not build wheels for dlib, which is required to install pyproject.toml-based projects

When running pip install facial-recognition I get this error when it installs dlib. I've tried to install it individually and on a venv and on WSL but I keep getting it. Not really sure what to do at this point.
<p>Installing build dependencies ... done
Getting requirements to build wheel ... done
Preparing metadata (pyproject.toml) ... done
Using legacy 'setup.py install' for face-recognition-models, since package 'wheel' is not installed.
Building wheels for collected packages: dlib
Building wheel for dlib (pyproject.toml) ... error
error: subprocess-exited-with-error</p>
<p>× Building wheel for dlib (pyproject.toml) did not run successfully.
│ exit code: 1
╰─> [6 lines of output]
running bdist_wheel
running build
running build_ext</p>
<pre><code> ERROR: CMake must be installed to build dlib

[end of output]
</code></pre>
<p>note: This error originates from a subprocess, and is likely not a problem with pip.
ERROR: Failed building wheel for dlib
Failed to build dlib
ERROR: Could not build wheels for dlib, which is required to install pyproject.toml-based projects</p>
<p>When running pip install facial-recognition I get this error when it installs dlib. I've tried to install it individually and on a venv and on WSL but I keep getting it. Not really sure what to do at this point.</p>

Latest posts