OiO.lk Community platform!

Oio.lk is an excellent forum for developers, providing a wide range of resources, discussions, and support for those in the developer community. Join oio.lk today to connect with like-minded professionals, share insights, and stay updated on the latest trends and technologies in the development field.
  You need to log in or register to access the solved answers to this problem.
  • You have reached the maximum number of guest views allowed
  • Please register below to remove this limitation

Debbuging in visual studio code doesn't work

• Thread starter Thread starter VladIvanchuk
  • Start date Start date
V

VladIvanchuk

I have encountered a problem that appeared out of nowhere. I used to run my Python code in Visual Studio Code with ease using F5 or the "Run Debugging" function. Now, however, when I press F5, nothing happens.

After some investigation and reading, I realized that I need to select a configuration for running the code, but the only option available is "JavaScript Debug Terminal," which doesn't do anything when I try to run it. I don't know how to solve this issue. Here is my launch.json:

Code:
{
    "configurations": [
        {
            "type": "node-terminal",
            "name": "JavaScript Debug Terminal",
            "request": "launch",
            "cwd": "${workspaceFolder}"
        }
    ]
}

This problem has affected all my devices (both my PC and laptop), so it might be related to some extensions for Visual Studio Code. Even after trying to keep only the most essential extensions, the problem persists. This problem looks kind of similar, but i can't find anything that help me, maybe you can

I tried modifying the JSON configuration file based on some guides I found. I also tried disabling extensions and keeping only the most necessary ones, as well as completely reinstalling Visual Studio Code. None of these solutions helped.

<p>I have encountered a problem that appeared out of nowhere. I used to run my Python code in Visual Studio Code with ease using F5 or the "Run Debugging" function. Now, however, when I press F5, nothing happens.</p>
<p>After some investigation and reading, I realized that I need to select a configuration for running the code, but the only option available is "JavaScript Debug Terminal," which doesn't do anything when I try to run it. I don't know how to solve this issue. Here is my launch.json:</p>
<pre><code>{
"configurations": [
{
"type": "node-terminal",
"name": "JavaScript Debug Terminal",
"request": "launch",
"cwd": "${workspaceFolder}"
}
]
}
</code></pre>
<p>This problem has affected all my devices (both my PC and laptop), so it might be related to some extensions for Visual Studio Code. Even after trying to keep only the most essential extensions, the problem persists. <a href="https://stackoverflow.com/questions/44557684/debug-in-visual-studio-code-is-not-working">This problem looks kind of similar, but i can't find anything that help me, maybe you can</a></p>
<p>I tried modifying the JSON configuration file based on some guides I found. I also tried disabling extensions and keeping only the most necessary ones, as well as completely reinstalling Visual Studio Code. None of these solutions helped.</p>

Latest posts

A
Replies
Views
Adrian-Mihai Enache
A