OiO.lk Community platform!

Oio.lk is an excellent forum for developers, providing a wide range of resources, discussions, and support for those in the developer community. Join oio.lk today to connect with like-minded professionals, share insights, and stay updated on the latest trends and technologies in the development field.
  You need to log in or register to access the solved answers to this problem.
  • You have reached the maximum number of guest views allowed
  • Please register below to remove this limitation

Create random numbers with left skewed probability distribution

• Thread starter Thread starter Rohit
  • Start date Start date
R

Rohit

I would like to pick a number randomly between 1-100 such that the probability of getting numbers 60-100 is higher than 1-59.

I would like to have the probability to be a left-skewed distribution for numbers 1-100. That is to say, it has a long tail and a peak.

Something along the lines:

Code:
pers = np.arange(1,101,1)
prob = <left-skewed distribution>
number = np.random.choice(pers, 1, p=prob)

I do not know how to generate a left-skewed discrete probability function. Any ideas? Thanks!
<p>I would like to pick a number randomly between 1-100 such that the probability of getting numbers 60-100 is higher than 1-59. </p>

<p>I would like to have the probability to be a left-skewed distribution for numbers 1-100. That is to say, it has a long tail and a peak. </p>

<p>Something along the lines: </p>

<pre><code>pers = np.arange(1,101,1)
prob = <left-skewed distribution>
number = np.random.choice(pers, 1, p=prob)
</code></pre>

<p>I do not know how to generate a left-skewed discrete probability function. Any ideas? Thanks!</p>