OiO.lk Community platform!

Oio.lk is an excellent forum for developers, providing a wide range of resources, discussions, and support for those in the developer community. Join oio.lk today to connect with like-minded professionals, share insights, and stay updated on the latest trends and technologies in the development field.
  You need to log in or register to access the solved answers to this problem.
  • You have reached the maximum number of guest views allowed
  • Please register below to remove this limitation

Create a cross-platform protocol helper that runs a python script

• Thread starter Thread starter Isaac Reuben
  • Start date Start date
I

Isaac Reuben

I'd like to register a protocol handler, like "myapp:", across OS X, Linux, and Windows so that when someone clicks a URL like "myapp://some/params" in a web browser, a Python script will be called and passed in those params.

Obviously this would require something being installed on each machine to enable it, but I am just trying to figure out a way to make it work on all three platforms.
<p>I'd like to register a protocol handler, like <code>"myapp:"</code>, across OS <code>X</code>, <code>Linux</code>, and <code>Windows</code> so that when someone clicks a <code>URL</code> like <code>"myapp://some/params"</code> in a web browser, a Python script will be called and passed in those params.</p>
<p>Obviously this would require something being installed on each machine to enable it, but I am just trying to figure out a way to make it work on all three platforms.</p>

Latest posts

J
Replies
Views
Jeff P Chacko
J