OiO.lk Community platform!

Oio.lk is an excellent forum for developers, providing a wide range of resources, discussions, and support for those in the developer community. Join oio.lk today to connect with like-minded professionals, share insights, and stay updated on the latest trends and technologies in the development field.
  You need to log in or register to access the solved answers to this problem.
  • You have reached the maximum number of guest views allowed
  • Please register below to remove this limitation

"Couldn't find ffmpeg or avconv - defaulting to ffmpeg, but may not work", RuntimeWarning

• Thread starter Thread starter goldie
  • Start date Start date
G

goldie

For a captcha solver I need to use FFmpeg on Windows 10. Warning when running the code for the first time:

Code:
C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python310\site-packages\pydub\utils.py:170: RuntimeWarning: Couldn't find ffmpeg or avconv - defaulting to ffmpeg, but may not work
  warn("Couldn't find ffmpeg or avconv - defaulting to ffmpeg, but may not work", RuntimeWarning)

Running the script anyway while it required ffprobe I got:

Code:
C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python310\site-packages\pydub\utils.py:198: RuntimeWarning: Couldn't find ffprobe or avprobe - defaulting to ffprobe, but may not work
  warn("Couldn't find ffprobe or avprobe - defaulting to ffprobe, but may not work", RuntimeWarning)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "D:\Scripts\captcha\main.py", line 164, in <module>
    main()
  File "D:\Scripts\captcha\main.py", line 155, in main
    captchaSolver()
  File "D:\Scripts\captcha\main.py", line 106, in captchaSolver
    sound = pydub.AudioSegment.from_mp3(
  File "C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python310\site-packages\pydub\audio_segment.py", line 796, in from_mp3
    return cls.from_file(file, 'mp3', parameters=parameters)
  File "C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python310\site-packages\pydub\audio_segment.py", line 728, in from_file
    info = mediainfo_json(orig_file, read_ahead_limit=read_ahead_limit)
  File "C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python310\site-packages\pydub\utils.py", line 274, in mediainfo_json
    res = Popen(command, stdin=stdin_parameter, stdout=PIPE, stderr=PIPE)
  File "C:\Program Files\Python310\lib\subprocess.py", line 966, in __init__
    self._execute_child(args, executable, preexec_fn, close_fds,
  File "C:\Program Files\Python310\lib\subprocess.py", line 1435, in _execute_child
    hp, ht, pid, tid = _winapi.CreateProcess(executable, args,
FileNotFoundError: [WinError 2] The system cannot find the file specified

I tried downloading it manually, editing environment variables, pasting them in the same folder as the script and installing with pip. FFmpeg works however my script doesn't.
<p>For a captcha solver I need to use FFmpeg on Windows 10. Warning when running the code for the first time:</p>
<pre><code>C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python310\site-packages\pydub\utils.py:170: RuntimeWarning: Couldn't find ffmpeg or avconv - defaulting to ffmpeg, but may not work
warn("Couldn't find ffmpeg or avconv - defaulting to ffmpeg, but may not work", RuntimeWarning)
</code></pre>
<p>Running the script anyway while it required ffprobe I got:</p>
<pre><code>C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python310\site-packages\pydub\utils.py:198: RuntimeWarning: Couldn't find ffprobe or avprobe - defaulting to ffprobe, but may not work
warn("Couldn't find ffprobe or avprobe - defaulting to ffprobe, but may not work", RuntimeWarning)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "D:\Scripts\captcha\main.py", line 164, in <module>
main()
File "D:\Scripts\captcha\main.py", line 155, in main
captchaSolver()
File "D:\Scripts\captcha\main.py", line 106, in captchaSolver
sound = pydub.AudioSegment.from_mp3(
File "C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python310\site-packages\pydub\audio_segment.py", line 796, in from_mp3
return cls.from_file(file, 'mp3', parameters=parameters)
File "C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python310\site-packages\pydub\audio_segment.py", line 728, in from_file
info = mediainfo_json(orig_file, read_ahead_limit=read_ahead_limit)
File "C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python310\site-packages\pydub\utils.py", line 274, in mediainfo_json
res = Popen(command, stdin=stdin_parameter, stdout=PIPE, stderr=PIPE)
File "C:\Program Files\Python310\lib\subprocess.py", line 966, in __init__
self._execute_child(args, executable, preexec_fn, close_fds,
File "C:\Program Files\Python310\lib\subprocess.py", line 1435, in _execute_child
hp, ht, pid, tid = _winapi.CreateProcess(executable, args,
FileNotFoundError: [WinError 2] The system cannot find the file specified
</code></pre>
<p>I tried downloading it manually, editing environment variables, pasting them in the same folder as the script and installing with pip. FFmpeg works however my script doesn't.</p>