OiO.lk Community platform!

Oio.lk is an excellent forum for developers, providing a wide range of resources, discussions, and support for those in the developer community. Join oio.lk today to connect with like-minded professionals, share insights, and stay updated on the latest trends and technologies in the development field.
  You need to log in or register to access the solved answers to this problem.
  • You have reached the maximum number of guest views allowed
  • Please register below to remove this limitation

Chrome Extension connected to Web Application

• Thread starter Thread starter jimbo
  • Start date Start date
J

jimbo

I'm trying to build a chrome extension that is authenticated through my website. When a user logs into the website the website should send the jwt to the chrome extension. The chrome extension needs the jwt to then call the backend to update data. I was thinking about using window.postMessage() and storing my jwt there and then in the chrome extension using that. Also, I'm trying to stay away from Oauth. Will this work?

I've tried the window.postMessage but I don't know how to debug this, further I've heard people mention cookies but not sure how that would help here

<p>I'm trying to build a chrome extension that is authenticated through my website. When a user logs into the website the website should send the jwt to the chrome extension. The chrome extension needs the jwt to then call the backend to update data. I was thinking about using window.postMessage() and storing my jwt there and then in the chrome extension using that. Also, I'm trying to stay away from Oauth. Will this work?</p>
<p>I've tried the window.postMessage but I don't know how to debug this, further I've heard people mention cookies but not sure how that would help here</p>

Latest posts

J
Replies
Views
jbowerbir
J