OiO.lk Community platform!

Oio.lk is an excellent forum for developers, providing a wide range of resources, discussions, and support for those in the developer community. Join oio.lk today to connect with like-minded professionals, share insights, and stay updated on the latest trends and technologies in the development field.
  You need to log in or register to access the solved answers to this problem.
  • You have reached the maximum number of guest views allowed
  • Please register below to remove this limitation

Caused by SSLError("Can't connect to HTTPS URL because the SSL module is not available."

• Thread starter Thread starter Frank Drin
  • Start date Start date
F

Frank Drin

I'm using requests in Python3 on Windows via Pycharm, and I'm receiving a "SSL module is not available" error.

I've spent hours trying to figure out what could be causing this. I've reinstalled Anaconda, and I am completely stuck. When running the following

Code:
def Earlybird(daycount):
    url = 'https://msft.com'
    response = requests.get(url)
    print(response)
Earlybird()

I receive the error:

Code:
requests.exceptions.SSLError: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='msft.com', 
port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: / (Caused by SSLError("Can't 
connect to HTTPS URL because the SSL module is not available."))

I have no idea what could be causing this. As Anaconda is a recent install, I would assume everything would be up-to-date, so I'm unsure if this is pointing to the wrong SSL ?
<p>I'm using requests in Python3 on Windows via Pycharm, and I'm receiving a "SSL module is not available" error.</p>
<p>I've spent hours trying to figure out what could be causing this. I've reinstalled Anaconda, and I am completely stuck. When running the following</p>
<pre><code>def Earlybird(daycount):
url = 'https://msft.com'
response = requests.get(url)
print(response)
Earlybird()
</code></pre>
<p>I receive the error:</p>
<pre><code>requests.exceptions.SSLError: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='msft.com',
port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: / (Caused by SSLError("Can't
connect to HTTPS URL because the SSL module is not available."))
</code></pre>
<p>I have no idea what could be causing this. As Anaconda is a recent install, I would assume everything would be up-to-date, so I'm unsure if this is pointing to the wrong SSL ?</p>