OiO.lk Community platform!

Oio.lk is an excellent forum for developers, providing a wide range of resources, discussions, and support for those in the developer community. Join oio.lk today to connect with like-minded professionals, share insights, and stay updated on the latest trends and technologies in the development field.
  You need to log in or register to access the solved answers to this problem.
  • You have reached the maximum number of guest views allowed
  • Please register below to remove this limitation

Canvas2D performance differences depending on browser?

• Thread starter Thread starter Piglet
  • Start date Start date
P

Piglet

I am using Adobe Animate to create content for my HTML5 project.

Adobe Animate uses Createjs to create HTML5 content (Canvas2D based).

I tested it on several mobile devices to make sure it runs smoothly on mobile browsers, and I found something strange.

Chrome 106 is "much" better than Chrome's higher versions (e.g. 126), regardless of browser and device capabilities.

I am not saying Chrome 106 is perfect, but I don't understand why the latest version of Chrome is slower. regardless of my optimizations, the browser is making my content run slower, and it is annoying that it is the latest version of the browser.

Does anyone know why this is?

(Please understand that this was written using a translator.)

Chrome Ver 126

Chrome ver 106

Hardware acceleration is turned on in both versions of Chrome (106, 126).

As you can see, there are occasional stutters in 126, which seems to be the cause of the frame drops, but I couldn't analyze the browser console for the huge number of functions that Createjs outputs.

If there's any additional information I should provide, please let me know.

<p>I am using Adobe Animate to create content for my HTML5 project.</p>
<p>Adobe Animate uses Createjs to create HTML5 content (Canvas2D based).</p>
<p>I tested it on several mobile devices to make sure it runs smoothly on mobile browsers, and I found something strange.</p>
<p>Chrome 106 is "much" better than Chrome's higher versions (e.g. 126), regardless of browser and device capabilities.</p>
<p>I am not saying Chrome 106 is perfect, but I don't understand why the latest version of Chrome is slower.
regardless of my optimizations, the browser is making my content run slower, and it is annoying that it is the latest version of the browser.</p>
<p>Does anyone know why this is?</p>
<p>(Please understand that this was written using a translator.)</p>
<p><a href="https://i.sstatic.net/pzYrT3Sf.png" rel="nofollow noreferrer">Chrome Ver 126</a></p>
<p><a href="https://i.sstatic.net/oT2BvXoA.png" rel="nofollow noreferrer">Chrome ver 106</a></p>
<p>Hardware acceleration is turned on in both versions of Chrome (106, 126).</p>
<p>As you can see, there are occasional stutters in 126, which seems to be the cause of the frame drops, but I couldn't analyze the browser console for the huge number of functions that Createjs outputs.</p>
<p>If there's any additional information I should provide, please let me know.</p>

Latest posts