OiO.lk Community platform!

Oio.lk is an excellent forum for developers, providing a wide range of resources, discussions, and support for those in the developer community. Join oio.lk today to connect with like-minded professionals, share insights, and stay updated on the latest trends and technologies in the development field.
  You need to log in or register to access the solved answers to this problem.
  • You have reached the maximum number of guest views allowed
  • Please register below to remove this limitation

Cannot find module 'ajv/dist/compile/codegen'

• Thread starter Thread starter Seelam Darshan
  • Start date Start date
S

Seelam Darshan

enter image description hereCannot find module 'ajv/dist/compile/codegen'

I have tried up creating an react app,where I have enter all the basic information like npx create-react-app, then after installing all the packages, I have entered npm start so this error comes up?

So I need a solution to go further.

<p><a href="https://i.sstatic.net/bmDPLEoU.jpg" rel="nofollow noreferrer">enter image description here</a>Cannot find module 'ajv/dist/compile/codegen'</p>
<p>I have tried up creating an react app,where I have enter all the basic information like npx create-react-app, then after installing all the packages, I have entered npm start so this error comes up?</p>
<p>So I need a solution to go further.</p>

enter image description hereCannot find module 'ajv/dist/compile/codegen'

I have tried up creating an react app,where I have enter all the basic information like npx create-react-app, then after installing all the packages, I have entered npm start so this error comes up?

So I need a solution to go further.

<p><a href="https://i.sstatic.net/bmDPLEoU.jpg" rel="nofollow noreferrer">enter image description here</a>Cannot find module 'ajv/dist/compile/codegen'</p>
<p>I have tried up creating an react app,where I have enter all the basic information like npx create-react-app, then after installing all the packages, I have entered npm start so this error comes up?</p>
<p>So I need a solution to go further.</p>
The error you're encountering, `Cannot find module 'ajv/dist/compile/codegen'`, usually occurs when there is a mismatch or missing dependency in your project. This issue is often related to the `ajv` package, which is a JSON schema validator that may be used by one of your dependencies.

Here are some steps to resolve this issue:

### 1. **Clear npm cache and Reinstall Dependencies**
First, clear the npm cache and reinstall all dependencies to ensure everything is up-to-date and correctly installed.

```sh
npm cache clean --force
rm -rf node_modules package-lock.json
npm install
```

### 2. **Check for `ajv` Dependency**
Ensure that `ajv` is correctly installed and is of a compatible version. You can explicitly install or update `ajv`:

```sh
npm install ajv@latest
```

### 3. **Update `create-react-app` and Related Packages**
Make sure you're using the latest version of `create-react-app` and all related packages:

```sh
npx create-react-app@latest my-app
cd my-app
npm install
```

### 4. **Check for Compatibility Issues**
Sometimes, specific versions of `ajv` or other dependencies may have compatibility issues. You can try installing an older or specific version of `ajv` that is known to work:

```sh
npm install [email protected]
```

### 5. **Delete `package-lock.json` and `node_modules` and Reinstall**
Sometimes, the issue is with the `package-lock.json` file. Deleting it and reinstalling can help:

```sh
npm install
```

### 6. **Create a Fresh React App**
If the above steps don't resolve the issue, create a fresh React app to see if the problem persists:

```sh
npx create-react-app my-new-app
cd my-new-app
npm start
```

### 7. **Check for Peer Dependencies**
Some packages might require specific versions of `ajv`. Check your `package.json` and ensure all peer dependencies are met:

```json
"peerDependencies": {
"ajv": "^6.12.0 || ^7.0.0"
}
```

### 8. **Check for Local Issues**
Ensure that no local issues are causing the problem by running the app on a different machine or environment.

### Summary
The following sequence of commands should help resolve the issue:

```sh
npm cache clean --force
npm install ajv@latest
npm install
```

If you still encounter issues, please provide more details about your `package.json` file and the complete error message for further assistance.

The error "Cannot find module 'ajv/dist/compile/codegen'" typically indicates that there is a problem with the ajv package or its dependencies in your project. This can happen due to various reasons, such as an incomplete installation or a version mismatch.

Here are some steps you can take to resolve this issue:

1. Delete​

Sometimes the issue can be resolved by deleting the node_modules folder and the package-lock.json file, then reinstalling the dependencies.

Code:

2. Reinstall Dependencies​

After deleting the node_modules folder and the package-lock.json file, reinstall your dependencies.

Code:
npm install

3. Update​

Ensure that ajv is correctly listed in your dependencies and try to update it to the latest version:

Code:
npm install ajv@latest

4. Check for Compatibility​

Check if any of your other dependencies are using an older or incompatible version of ajv. You can use the npm ls command to see the dependency tree and check for multiple versions of ajv.

Code:
npm ls ajv

5. Install Missing Peer Dependencies​

Sometimes, missing peer dependencies can cause issues. Install any missing peer dependencies for ajv or other packages in your project.

Code:
npm install ajv-keywords

6. Create a New React App​

If the above steps do not resolve the issue, you can try creating a new React app to see if the problem persists.

Code:
cd my-new-app
npm start

Example Steps to Resolve the Issue​

1. Delete node_modules and package-lock.json:
Code:
  1. Reinstall dependencies:

Code:
npm install

1. Ensure ajv is installed correctly:

Code:
    npm install ajv@latest
  2. Check for multiple versions of ajv:

Code:
    npm ls ajv
  3. Install missing peer dependencies (if any):

Code:
    npm install ajv-keywords

If none of these steps work, it may be helpful to create a new React app and gradually re-add your dependencies to identify which one is causing the issue.

Code:
    cd my-new-app
    npm start

By following these steps, you should be able to resolve the "Cannot find module 'ajv/dist/compile/codegen'" error and get your React app running.

Latest posts