OiO.lk Community platform!

Oio.lk is an excellent forum for developers, providing a wide range of resources, discussions, and support for those in the developer community. Join oio.lk today to connect with like-minded professionals, share insights, and stay updated on the latest trends and technologies in the development field.
  You need to log in or register to access the solved answers to this problem.
  • You have reached the maximum number of guest views allowed
  • Please register below to remove this limitation

Cannot debug python unittest - Invalid message: Found duplicate in "env":PATH

• Thread starter Thread starter Geo
  • Start date Start date
G

Geo

I know there are other topics about this problem, but none of them helped me.. I want to use the "Тesting" sidebar option on Visual Studio Code to debug my tests. I manage to run them, however when I add a breakpoint and click on the bug instead of the play button, the following error appears:

Code:
Invalid message: Found duplicate in "env":PATH.

I do have a basic launch.json file:

Code:
{
    // Use IntelliSense to learn about possible attributes.
    // Hover to view descriptions of existing attributes.
    // For more information, visit: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=830387
    "version": "0.2.0",
    "configurations": [
        {
            "name": "Python Debugger: Current File",
            "type": "debugpy",
            "request": "launch",
            "program": "${file}",
            "console": "integratedTerminal"
        }
    ]
}

Please help.. I'm on windows 11 and using python 3.11.9. First I thought it might be because I had multiple versions of python installed on my laptop, so I went to the environment path variables and removed other versions beside 3.11.9
<p>I know there are other topics about this problem, but none of them helped me.. I want to use the "Тesting" sidebar option on Visual Studio Code to debug my tests. I manage to run them, however when I add a breakpoint and click on the bug instead of the play button, the following error appears:</p>
<pre><code>Invalid message: Found duplicate in "env":PATH.
</code></pre>
<p>I do have a basic <code>launch.json</code> file:</p>
<pre><code>{
// Use IntelliSense to learn about possible attributes.
// Hover to view descriptions of existing attributes.
// For more information, visit: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=830387
"version": "0.2.0",
"configurations": [
{
"name": "Python Debugger: Current File",
"type": "debugpy",
"request": "launch",
"program": "${file}",
"console": "integratedTerminal"
}
]
}
</code></pre>
<p>Please help.. I'm on windows 11 and using python 3.11.9. First I thought it might be because I had multiple versions of python installed on my laptop, so I went to the environment path variables and removed other versions beside 3.11.9</p>

Latest posts