OiO.lk Community platform!

Oio.lk is an excellent forum for developers, providing a wide range of resources, discussions, and support for those in the developer community. Join oio.lk today to connect with like-minded professionals, share insights, and stay updated on the latest trends and technologies in the development field.
  You need to log in or register to access the solved answers to this problem.
  • You have reached the maximum number of guest views allowed
  • Please register below to remove this limitation

Can I see QScrollArea content outside the QScrollArea frame on the background of other widgets?

• Thread starter Thread starter Oleksandr Shyndin
  • Start date Start date
O

Oleksandr Shyndin

I have messenger-like QMainWindow class with 4 widgets on QVBoxLayout. First,second and fourth - have transparent backgrounds. Third widget is QScrollArea with dialog. And it works well, but I want to see dialog continuation over this QScrollArea, to see dialog on the background of other widgets (1,2,4) (on top and bottom).

I'm asking about other ideas how I could see QScrollArea content on the background of other widgets. Maybe someone encounter with it.

I tried to solve this and nothing works for me besides one variant: is to bring other widgets to the front using .raise_() function and QScrollArea remains the same (and fills all window background). But other problems appears:

1. Need to add padding at the top and bottom of dialog (because I can't scroll to first and last messages to see it not only on other widgets background). Also every time change these paddings if 1,2,4 widgets change their height.
  2. I need to see scrolls of QScrollArea only in third widget place, not on the whole window. And I don't know how to do it.

Actually, I don't like this variant. Would be grateful for any help.
<p>I have messenger-like QMainWindow class with 4 widgets on QVBoxLayout.
First,second and fourth - have transparent backgrounds.
Third widget is QScrollArea with dialog. And it works well, but I want to see dialog continuation over this QScrollArea, to see dialog on the background of other widgets (1,2,4) (on top and bottom).</p>
<p>I'm asking about other ideas how I could see QScrollArea content on the background of other widgets. Maybe someone encounter with it.</p>
<p>I tried to solve this and nothing works for me besides one variant: is to bring other widgets to the front using .raise_() function and QScrollArea remains the same (and fills all window background). But other problems appears:</p>
<ol>
<li>Need to add padding at the top and bottom of dialog (because I can't scroll to first and last messages to see it not only on other widgets background). Also every time change these paddings if 1,2,4 widgets change their height.</li>
<li>I need to see scrolls of QScrollArea only in third widget place, not on the whole window. And I don't know how to do it.</li>
</ol>
<p>Actually, I don't like this variant. Would be grateful for any help.</p>