OiO.lk Community platform!

Oio.lk is an excellent forum for developers, providing a wide range of resources, discussions, and support for those in the developer community. Join oio.lk today to connect with like-minded professionals, share insights, and stay updated on the latest trends and technologies in the development field.
  You need to log in or register to access the solved answers to this problem.
  • You have reached the maximum number of guest views allowed
  • Please register below to remove this limitation

^C appears when I use python debugpy in vscode

• Thread starter Thread starter 김진호
  • Start date Start date

김진호

I just wanted use the Python debugger. When I press Ctrl + F5 in VSCode to use the Python debugger, ^C appears in the terminal, followed by a cd command, and then the Python file is executed.

Like this:

Code:
user@DESKTOP MINGW64 ~/Desktop/SSA (master)
$ ^C

$  cd c:\\Users\\isagk\\Desktop\\SSA ; /usr/bin/env c:\\Users\\isagk\\AppData\\Local\\Programs\\Python\\Python310\\python.exe c:\\Users\\isagk\\.vscode\\extensions\\ms-python.debugpy-2024.6.0-win32-x64\\bundled\\libs\\debugpy\\adapter/../..\\debugpy\\launcher 54240 -- C:\\Users\\isagk\\Desktop\\SSA\\test.py

What happened?

I tried changing the key binding, changing terminal settings, and updating the Python extension.

I would expect it to just run the Python file without ^C or something when I press Ctrl + F5.
<p>I just wanted use the Python debugger.
When I press <kbd>Ctrl</kbd> + <kbd>F5</kbd> in VSCode to use the Python debugger, <code>^C</code> appears in the terminal, followed by a <code>cd</code> command, and then the Python file is executed.</p>
<p>Like this:</p>
<pre class="lang-bash prettyprint-override"><code>user@DESKTOP MINGW64 ~/Desktop/SSA (master)
$ ^C

$ cd c:\\Users\\isagk\\Desktop\\SSA ; /usr/bin/env c:\\Users\\isagk\\AppData\\Local\\Programs\\Python\\Python310\\python.exe c:\\Users\\isagk\\.vscode\\extensions\\ms-python.debugpy-2024.6.0-win32-x64\\bundled\\libs\\debugpy\\adapter/../..\\debugpy\\launcher 54240 -- C:\\Users\\isagk\\Desktop\\SSA\\test.py
</code></pre>
<p>What happened?</p>
<p>I tried changing the key binding, changing terminal settings, and updating the Python extension.</p>
<p>I would expect it to just run the Python file without <code>^C</code> or something when I press <kbd>Ctrl</kbd> + <kbd>F5</kbd>.</p>