OiO.lk Community platform!

Oio.lk is an excellent forum for developers, providing a wide range of resources, discussions, and support for those in the developer community. Join oio.lk today to connect with like-minded professionals, share insights, and stay updated on the latest trends and technologies in the development field.
  You need to log in or register to access the solved answers to this problem.
  • You have reached the maximum number of guest views allowed
  • Please register below to remove this limitation

Browswer can access Google Cloud Storage object, but proxy using the same URL can't

• Thread starter Thread starter gischer
  • Start date Start date
G

gischer

I have a Google Cloud Storage bucket. I have put an image file in it named "bob.png". I have connected it up with a Google Cloud CDN, and load balancer, etc. and am serving it in a subdomain "cloud-storage-manager-test" of my primary domain.

When I type http://cloud-storage-manager-test.<mydomain>.com/bob.png into a browser, I get the image of Bob. It all seems to work.

However, I'm trying to go through a proxy, and when I do that, I get a 404 with the message:

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?><Error><Code>NoSuchKey</Code><Message>The specified key does not exist.</Message></Error>

I have verified using the logs for the CDN that the request that gets a 404 uses the exact same URL as the browser request. But it gets a different answer. The logs for the bucket don't show any issue. They do not report returning some sort of error, which also seems mysterious.

I would guess that the CDN is not hooked up to the bucket correctly, but that doesn't explain how I get a good image from the browser.

Why? How is this even possible? I am at a loss.
<p>I have a Google Cloud Storage bucket. I have put an image file in it named "bob.png". I have connected it up with a Google Cloud CDN, and load balancer, etc. and am serving it in a subdomain "cloud-storage-manager-test" of my primary domain.</p>
<p>When I type <code>http://cloud-storage-manager-test.<mydomain>.com/bob.png</code> into a browser, I get the image of Bob. It all seems to work.</p>
<p>However, I'm trying to go through a proxy, and when I do that, I get a 404 with the message:</p>
<p><code><?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?><Error><Code>NoSuchKey</Code><Message>The specified key does not exist.</Message></Error></code></p>
<p>I have verified using the logs for the CDN that the request that gets a 404 uses the exact same URL as the browser request. But it gets a different answer. The logs for the bucket don't show any issue. They do not report returning some sort of error, which also seems mysterious.</p>
<p>I would guess that the CDN is not hooked up to the bucket correctly, but that doesn't explain how I get a good image from the browser.</p>
<p>Why? How is this even possible? I am at a loss.</p>
Continue reading...

Latest posts