OiO.lk Community platform!

Oio.lk is an excellent forum for developers, providing a wide range of resources, discussions, and support for those in the developer community. Join oio.lk today to connect with like-minded professionals, share insights, and stay updated on the latest trends and technologies in the development field.
  You need to log in or register to access the solved answers to this problem.
  • You have reached the maximum number of guest views allowed
  • Please register below to remove this limitation

Background camera access for mobile devices

• Thread starter Thread starter Damian Szafraniec
  • Start date Start date
D

Damian Szafraniec

I'm building a web app that monitors user behavior while taking an online quiz. The app periodically sends the user's picture to the backend for authentication. The quiz always opens in a separate tab in the browser.

I'm facing a problem with mobile devices: camera access is blocked when I open a new tab to take the quiz. I understand this is a security feature for iOS and Android. So, my questions are:

1. Is there any way to access the camera on mobile devices in the background? If this isn't possible in browsers, could it be done with native apps?
  2. If it's not possible for both, do you have any workaround ideas?
<p>I'm building a web app that monitors user behavior while taking an online quiz. The app periodically sends the user's picture to the backend for authentication. The quiz always opens in a separate tab in the browser.</p>
<p>I'm facing a problem with mobile devices: camera access is blocked when I open a new tab to take the quiz. I understand this is a security feature for iOS and Android. So, my questions are:</p>
<ol>
<li>Is there any way to access the camera on mobile devices in the background? If this isn't possible in browsers, could it be done with native apps?</li>
<li>If it's not possible for both, do you have any workaround ideas?</li>
</ol>
Continue reading...

Latest posts