OiO.lk Community platform!

Oio.lk is an excellent forum for developers, providing a wide range of resources, discussions, and support for those in the developer community. Join oio.lk today to connect with like-minded professionals, share insights, and stay updated on the latest trends and technologies in the development field.
  You need to log in or register to access the solved answers to this problem.
  • You have reached the maximum number of guest views allowed
  • Please register below to remove this limitation

Azure Web App: User in container has group missing

• Thread starter Thread starter Jacob
  • Start date Start date
J

Jacob

I have a container that I am trying to run in Azure WebApps. Locally the container works fine and the container user nginx has the following id output

Code:
uid=1000(nginx) gid=1000(nginx) groups=1000(nginx),0(root)

When running in the Azure WebApp, the user has the following groups and thus the container fails to start up:

Code:
uid=1000(nginx) gid=1000(nginx) groups=1000(nginx)

The user is added to the root group in the base image but the assignment is missing in Azure WebApps.
<p>I have a container that I am trying to run in Azure WebApps. Locally the container works fine and the container user <code>nginx</code> has the following <code>id</code> output</p>
<pre><code>uid=1000(nginx) gid=1000(nginx) groups=1000(nginx),0(root)
</code></pre>
<p>When running in the Azure WebApp, the user has the following groups and thus the container fails to start up:</p>
<pre><code>uid=1000(nginx) gid=1000(nginx) groups=1000(nginx)
</code></pre>
<p>The user is added to the root group in the base image but the assignment is missing in Azure WebApps.</p>
Continue reading...

Latest posts

I
Replies
Views
impact christian
I