OiO.lk Community platform!

Oio.lk is an excellent forum for developers, providing a wide range of resources, discussions, and support for those in the developer community. Join oio.lk today to connect with like-minded professionals, share insights, and stay updated on the latest trends and technologies in the development field.
  You need to log in or register to access the solved answers to this problem.
  • You have reached the maximum number of guest views allowed
  • Please register below to remove this limitation

AWS Credentials for EAS Build Hook

• Thread starter Thread starter Harris Bubalo
  • Start date Start date
H

Harris Bubalo

I am an AWS newbie and I am working on an Expo/React Native project. My Expo frontend relies on amplify_outputs.json in order to be built, but I want this file to be generated programmatically during the cloud EAS (Expo Application Services) build process, so I created a post-install build hook which runs...

Code:
npx ampx generate outputs --branch develop --app-id $APP_ID

However, this command requires AWS credentials, and I was wondering what would be a best practice way to give EAS access to AWS. I can't use the AWS CLI since the above command is being ran from the EAS build pipeline.

Just to test the build process out, I stored AWS_ACCESS_KEY_ID, AWS_SECRET_ACCESS_KEY, and AWS_SESSION_TOKEN in EAS secrets and it worked. But this of course was just a temporary solution since the session ultimately expires.
<p>I am an AWS newbie and I am working on an Expo/React Native project. My Expo frontend relies on <code>amplify_outputs.json</code> in order to be built, but I want this file to be generated programmatically during the cloud EAS (Expo Application Services) build process, so I created a post-install build hook which runs...</p>
<pre><code>npx ampx generate outputs --branch develop --app-id $APP_ID
</code></pre>
<p>However, this command requires AWS credentials, and I was wondering what would be a best practice way to give EAS access to AWS. I can't use the AWS CLI since the above command is being ran from the EAS build pipeline.</p>
<p>Just to test the build process out, I stored AWS_ACCESS_KEY_ID, AWS_SECRET_ACCESS_KEY, and AWS_SESSION_TOKEN in EAS secrets and it worked. But this of course was just a temporary solution since the session ultimately expires.</p>
Continue reading...

Latest posts