OiO.lk Community platform!

Oio.lk is an excellent forum for developers, providing a wide range of resources, discussions, and support for those in the developer community. Join oio.lk today to connect with like-minded professionals, share insights, and stay updated on the latest trends and technologies in the development field.
  You need to log in or register to access the solved answers to this problem.
  • You have reached the maximum number of guest views allowed
  • Please register below to remove this limitation

Anaconda/Miniconda won't work - ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'conda'

• Thread starter Thread starter Wheezywop
  • Start date Start date
W

Wheezywop

This last month I was happily working with the Anaconda Navigator and Pycharm. However, after I wanted to install a new virtual environment for the NoW Benchmark evaluation I received the following error after re-opening my Anaconda Prompt:

Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\username\miniconda3\Scripts\conda-scripts.py", line 11, in <module>
    from conda.cli import main
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'conda'

I saw in many discussions that a cause could be that multiple versions of python exist on the device, which was indeed the case. I therefore removed Anaconda Navigator, Pycharm, and anything I could find regarding conda and virtual environments. Nevertheless, after performing a fresh install of Anaconda Navigator, the program does not want to open, and the Anaconda Prompt provides the same error.

After again uninstalling the Anaconda Navigator, I tried installing Miniconda instead, but the same error is given. Some discussions mentioned to remove PYTHONPATH and PYTHONHOME from the home and user variables, but I don't have them. Also, I added the following to the system path:

Code:
C:\Users\username\miniconda3
C:\Users\username\miniconda3\Scripts

where I filled my actual username, but I'm not showing it here as it's my name.

I also checked whether another python.exe exists in the system (with where python in cmd) and found two:

Code:
C:\Users\username\miniconda3\python.exe
C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps\python.exe

That is everything I tried or checked, and still the error occurs. Does any of you know how to fix it? I could really use your help!
<p>This last month I was happily working with the Anaconda Navigator and Pycharm. However, after I wanted to install a new virtual environment for the NoW Benchmark evaluation I received the following error after re-opening my Anaconda Prompt:</p>
<pre><code>Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\username\miniconda3\Scripts\conda-scripts.py", line 11, in <module>
from conda.cli import main
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'conda'
</code></pre>
<p>I saw in many discussions that a cause could be that multiple versions of python exist on the device, which was indeed the case. I therefore removed Anaconda Navigator, Pycharm, and anything I could find regarding conda and virtual environments. Nevertheless, after performing a fresh install of Anaconda Navigator, the program does not want to open, and the Anaconda Prompt provides the same error.</p>
<p>After again uninstalling the Anaconda Navigator, I tried installing Miniconda instead, but the same error is given. Some discussions mentioned to remove PYTHONPATH and PYTHONHOME from the home and user variables, but I don't have them. Also, I added the following to the system path:</p>
<pre><code>C:\Users\username\miniconda3
C:\Users\username\miniconda3\Scripts
</code></pre>
<p>where I filled my actual username, but I'm not showing it here as it's my name.</p>
<p>I also checked whether another python.exe exists in the system (with <code>where python</code> in cmd) and found two:</p>
<pre><code>C:\Users\username\miniconda3\python.exe
C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps\python.exe
</code></pre>
<p>That is everything I tried or checked, and still the error occurs. Does any of you know how to fix it? I could really use your help!</p>

Latest posts

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors