OiO.lk Community platform!

Oio.lk is an excellent forum for developers, providing a wide range of resources, discussions, and support for those in the developer community. Join oio.lk today to connect with like-minded professionals, share insights, and stay updated on the latest trends and technologies in the development field.
  You need to log in or register to access the solved answers to this problem.
  • You have reached the maximum number of guest views allowed
  • Please register below to remove this limitation

Adsense: keeping webpage URL private, changing referrer

• Thread starter Thread starter user984003
  • Start date Start date
U

user984003

If I show an Adsense ad unit on a webpage, does the page URL get passed to the advertiser and/or Google? Are they told every page that shows their ad or that someone clicks from? Is there a way to change it / make it a more generic URL?

I will be showing ads on both private and public pages. (Imagine content like a story where you can choose to keep it private or share it.) The private pages have a privacy setting similar to that of Google Docs where anyone with the link has access. Obviously, I can't share the links.

Can I change the referrer, make it a generic one that points to my website main page? If not, any ideas?
<p>If I show an Adsense ad unit on a webpage, does the page URL get passed to the advertiser and/or Google? Are they told every page that shows their ad or that someone clicks from? Is there a way to change it / make it a more generic URL?</p>
<p>I will be showing ads on both private and public pages. (Imagine content like a story where you can choose to keep it private or share it.) The private pages have a privacy setting similar to that of Google Docs where anyone with the link has access. Obviously, I can't share the links.</p>
<p>Can I change the referrer, make it a generic one that points to my website main page? If not, any ideas?</p>

Latest posts

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors