OiO.lk Community platform!

Oio.lk is an excellent forum for developers, providing a wide range of resources, discussions, and support for those in the developer community. Join oio.lk today to connect with like-minded professionals, share insights, and stay updated on the latest trends and technologies in the development field.
  You need to log in or register to access the solved answers to this problem.
  • You have reached the maximum number of guest views allowed
  • Please register below to remove this limitation

Accessing Private Subnet RDS in AWS from my local machine

• Thread starter Thread starter Yunus Terzi
  • Start date Start date
Y

Yunus Terzi

I created a VPC with the private subnet.

I created a RDS MySQL Instance.

I wanted to keep my RDS secure so I put it into private subnet and set Publicly Accessible flag to false.

The problem is, now I can't connect my RDS from MySQL Workbench.

I considered the following examples.

1. Creating an EC2 instance as a bastion host and then setting an SHH tunnel seems unnecessarily complex and it costs money since we need to create an EC2 instance.
  2. Using AWS VPN Client Service is easier but it costs even more money.

If there are any others, what are the best practices for accessing private subnet RDS with cost efficient options?
<p>I created a VPC with the private subnet.</p>
<p>I created a RDS MySQL Instance.</p>
<p>I wanted to keep my RDS secure so I put it into private subnet and set Publicly Accessible flag to false.</p>
<p>The problem is, now I can't connect my RDS from MySQL Workbench.</p>
<p>I considered the following examples.</p>
<ol>
<li>Creating an EC2 instance as a bastion host and then setting an SHH tunnel seems unnecessarily complex and it costs money since we need to create an EC2 instance.</li>
<li>Using AWS VPN Client Service is easier but it costs even more money.</li>
</ol>
<p>If there are any others, what are the best practices for accessing private subnet RDS with cost efficient options?</p>
Continue reading...