OiO.lk Community platform!

Oio.lk is an excellent forum for developers, providing a wide range of resources, discussions, and support for those in the developer community. Join oio.lk today to connect with like-minded professionals, share insights, and stay updated on the latest trends and technologies in the development field.
  You need to log in or register to access the solved answers to this problem.
  • You have reached the maximum number of guest views allowed
  • Please register below to remove this limitation

AADSTS7000215: Invalid client secret provided when within an ADF pipeline

• Thread starter Thread starter Xav MX
  • Start date Start date
X

Xav MX

I've got an issue in Azure Data Factory while fetching an access token from the Microsoft Graph API. Some of my client secrets return an "invalid_client" error in ADF, yet all of them work perfectly in Postman.

The client secret values are correct (not the IDs). No typos or extra spaces in the client secret. Using secure strings in ADF for storing the client secrets. Client secrets are not expired.

I've re-validated and re-entered credentials in ADF (credentials being fetched from key vault via web activity, used as input parameter to separate authentication pipeline)

I've also compared request details between ADF and Postman to ensure they are identical.

Is there a known issue with ADF handling client secrets, or am I missing something in the configuration? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Error: invalid_client, Error Description:AADSTS7000215: Invalid client secret provided. Ensure the secret being sent in the request is the client secret value, not the client secret ID, for a secret added to app 'appID'
<p>I've got an issue in Azure Data Factory while fetching an access token from the Microsoft Graph API. Some of my client secrets return an "invalid_client" error in ADF, yet all of them work perfectly in Postman.</p>
<p>The client secret values are correct (not the IDs).
No typos or extra spaces in the client secret.
Using secure strings in ADF for storing the client secrets.
Client secrets are not expired.</p>
<p>I've re-validated and re-entered credentials in ADF (credentials being fetched from key vault via web activity, used as input parameter to separate authentication pipeline)</p>
<p>I've also compared request details between ADF and Postman to ensure they are identical.</p>
<p>Is there a known issue with ADF handling client secrets, or am I missing something in the configuration? Any help would be greatly appreciated.</p>
<p>Error: invalid_client,
Error Description:AADSTS7000215: Invalid client secret provided. Ensure the secret being sent in the request is the client secret value, not the client secret ID, for a secret added to app '<em>appID</em>'</p>
Continue reading...

Latest posts

M
Replies
Views
Mohit Pant
M