OiO.lk Community platform!

Oio.lk is an excellent forum for developers, providing a wide range of resources, discussions, and support for those in the developer community. Join oio.lk today to connect with like-minded professionals, share insights, and stay updated on the latest trends and technologies in the development field.
  You need to log in or register to access the solved answers to this problem.
  • You have reached the maximum number of guest views allowed
  • Please register below to remove this limitation

A C# Script that duplicates one hand to two when the data is recieved from python's HandDetection Module

• Thread starter Thread starter amlan padhi
  • Start date Start date
A

amlan padhi

I'm working on a Unity project that involves real-time hand tracking using data received from a Python-based HandDetection module. The data represents the positions of hand points in 3D space. I have successfully set up the system to visualize a single hand using GameObject spheres connected by LineRenderer components to represent the bones.

Now, I need to extend this setup to support two hands when the corresponding data is received. The solution should involve:

1. Duplicating Hand Visualization: Creating a second set of hand points and lines based on the first set.
  2. Updating Positions: Continuously updating the positions of both hands based on the incoming data.

I understand that I need to dynamically generate new GameObjects for the second hand and ensure they follow the same structure and behavior as the first hand. The script should parse the incoming data to extract positions for both hands and update the positions of the hand points and lines accordingly.

Could someone provide guidance or a sample script on how to achieve this in Unity? Specifically, how to duplicate the hand visualization and update both hands' positions in real-time?

Thank you in advance for your help!

What I Have Tried:​

• I have created a set of GameObject spheres and connected them using LineRenderer components to visualize one hand.
  • I have successfully received and parsed the hand tracking data from the Python module, updating the positions of the spheres and lines for one hand in real-time.

What I Was Expecting:​

• I expected to be able to duplicate the existing hand visualization setup for a second hand.
  • I anticipated being able to update the positions of both sets of hand points and lines using the incoming data for two hands.

Problem:​

• I'm unsure how to dynamically create a duplicate set of hand points and lines for the second hand.
  • I need guidance on how to ensure that both sets of hand points and lines update correctly based on the data received from the Python module.

Could someone provide guidance or a sample script on how to achieve this in Unity? Specifically, how to duplicate the hand visualization and update both hands' positions in real-time?

Thank you in advance for your help!
<p>I'm working on a Unity project that involves real-time hand tracking using data received from a Python-based HandDetection module. The data represents the positions of hand points in 3D space. I have successfully set up the system to visualize a single hand using <code>GameObject</code> spheres connected by <code>LineRenderer</code> components to represent the bones.</p>
<p>Now, I need to extend this setup to support two hands when the corresponding data is received. The solution should involve:</p>
<ol>
<li><strong>Duplicating Hand Visualization</strong>: Creating a second set of hand points and lines based on the first set.</li>
<li><strong>Updating Positions</strong>: Continuously updating the positions of both hands based on the incoming data.</li>
</ol>
<p>I understand that I need to dynamically generate new GameObjects for the second hand and ensure they follow the same structure and behavior as the first hand. The script should parse the incoming data to extract positions for both hands and update the positions of the hand points and lines accordingly.</p>
<p>Could someone provide guidance or a sample script on how to achieve this in Unity? Specifically, how to duplicate the hand visualization and update both hands' positions in real-time?</p>
<p>Thank you in advance for your help!</p>
<h3>What I Have Tried:</h3>
<ul>
<li>I have created a set of <code>GameObject</code> spheres and connected them using <code>LineRenderer</code> components to visualize one hand.</li>
<li>I have successfully received and parsed the hand tracking data from the Python module, updating the positions of the spheres and lines for one hand in real-time.</li>
</ul>
<h3>What I Was Expecting:</h3>
<ul>
<li>I expected to be able to duplicate the existing hand visualization setup for a second hand.</li>
<li>I anticipated being able to update the positions of both sets of hand points and lines using the incoming data for two hands.</li>
</ul>
<h3>Problem:</h3>
<ul>
<li>I'm unsure how to dynamically create a duplicate set of hand points and lines for the second hand.</li>
<li>I need guidance on how to ensure that both sets of hand points and lines update correctly based on the data received from the Python module.</li>
</ul>
<p>Could someone provide guidance or a sample script on how to achieve this in Unity? Specifically, how to duplicate the hand visualization and update both hands' positions in real-time?</p>
<p>Thank you in advance for your help!</p>

Latest posts